Looking for Workplace Safety Officer, salary $3000~$5000 depends on experience.
- Reports to EHS Manager, and Project Manager on site.
- To exercise general observation of the provision of Work Place Safety and Health act, Subsidiary Regulations, and any other relevant legal & other requirements
- To ensure the project Safety Management System (Safety & Health, Environment) items are implemented.
- Act as the secretary of the site safety committee.
- To advise Management on all matters pertaining to Health, Safety & Environment.
- To promote the safe conduct of work within the project.
- To check Emergency Procedures are implemented and drill conducted on-site.
- Advise the Project Manager or any other person-in-charge of the site on the measures to be taken in the interests of safety and Occupational Health of the persons employed herein;
- Inspect the site personally (or assign Safety Supervisor to inspect) to determine whether there is any machinery, plants equipment, appliance or any description of manual labor used in the site, which is of such a nature that is liable to cause risk or bodily injury to any person working or employed at the site.
- Investigate into any accident (in case) due to machinery, plant, equipment, appliance or manual labor and reports on the action taken to remove the cause or causes of such accident.
- Investigate into any accident or dangerous occurrence, which took place within the Site and any industrial disease at the site.
- Organize training courses, competitions, contest and other promotional activities which will develop and maintain the interest of the persons for a safe and healthy working condition.
- Liaise and maintain contacts with Government Bodies in matters pertaining to health and safety.
- Keep the Management informed of the safety performance on site.
- Conduct Sub-contractors’ safety assessment as per schedule.
- Supervise First Aiders at the Site
- Carry out site safety inspections with the project team and Safety Committee.
- Issue safety Risk assessments/Method statements and verifies the implementation of risk management plans.
- Monitor and measure monthly Safety Performance Indicators.
- Preparation of Monthly Safety Report
- Review statutory and regulatory changes affecting the site, inform and implement accordingly.
- Empowered to issue Stop Work Instruction.
- Delegate safety responsibilities to the WSHC / Supervisor whenever he is not present on site.
- To liaise and follow up with the relevant stakeholders on WSH matters.
- To intervene effectively at all levels for unsafe situations.
- To implement Stop –Rectify-Go for non-conformances/non-compliances.
- Willing to work on Saturday/Sunday if any EHS issues of such a situation arise.
- Other duties may be assigned on a need basis.
- Degree/ Diploma in construction-related Engineering courses.
- Has obtained Specialist Diploma in WSH (Level C).
- Has obtained Risk Management Course (BizSafe Level 2) certification.
- Has obtained the Work at Height assessor course.
- Has obtained Supervise Safely Lifting Operation Course.
- Has obtained the Occupational First Aid Course (AED+CPR)
- Has obtained ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 Internal/Lead auditor course.
- Has obtained Management of Hazardous Substances Course.
- Has several years of working experience in the construction industry with heavy lifting, particularly for housing /condominium projects.
- Has good spoken and written communication skills.
- Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to coordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- Exceptional knowledge of Safety laws and regulations.
- Must be authoritative, independent and meticulous with work.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organization and time-management skills.
- Must be results-driven, reliable and readily available
Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1